Friday, November 21, 2014

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CRAFT THIS YEAR


Happy Friday!

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving?
I feel like this year time is just going by so fast and can not seem to be able to catch up. :)

Last year around this time I already had all my Christmas decor ready to go, this year I got NOTHING. LOL
Well, somehow, it will all get done.

Once again, I am a little concerned about decorating our mantle. I want to use some of the items from last year, but add a few new things also, so that is where I will be using this project.




It is very simple and it has been done before.
Once again, I used some of the scrap wood we had.


 It was sanded and painted in a natural beige color I had.


I used things I already had in my craft room to decorate the blocks.
I started with a cute Christmas craft paper.


 Little pearl embellishments.


I used a page of fancy paper I had in my stash, to make a bunch of different shape snowflakes 
using the Silhouette Cameo.



I cut a piece of burlap and I ironed to it some fusible interfacing, that way when I went to cut the 
three small squares, I got some nice clean cuts.




I made the letters once again in the Cameo using white vinyl.


And then it was just a matter of putting it all together.




I mod podge the paper to the front of each block.
While I was waiting for them to dry, I added the vinyl letters to small burlap squares.




 And then came the snowflakes.
I added the small pearls to each one of them.
I did not want them to sit flat on the block, so used some glue dots to attach them and raise them a little.



 And that's it! Simple project.
The best part, it was free to me since I used what I had to put it all together.





I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
We have some serious storms in out forecast, so I think this is going to be an "indoor project" weekend. :)

See you soon!



 Sharing at:


8 comments:

  1. Hi maria Elena! This looks wonderful! thanks for sharing! I'm almost done with my decor but this will be useful for future xmas decors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such wonderful ideas! This looks amazing! I hope your week-end will not be too very stormy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and cute project! I can't wait to see your mantle this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love all the snowflakes! Stay safe in the storms. We're expecting them to blow through here tomorrow too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. What great projects you can make with your silhouette cameo. Love the addition of the little snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maria Elena, I hear you loud and clear, I am so very unprepared this year! I don't think I have ever been this behind. I am usually crafting or planning or shopping by now, but this year, nothing!! I also like your blocks. I purchased ones that say Harvest and love them, I was certain I was going to make Christmas ones, but time has gotten away from me. Thanks for making it look easy enough for me to put it back on my to do list! Yours are lovely...and red!! My favorite! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, Maria Elena! I love being able to make something using what I've already got at home, too. I'm always so thrilled to get a nice project out of it and realize I didn't have to spend any money. It looks like you've got a start on what to put on your mantel now. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...