Tuesday, November 4, 2014

CLOSET UPDATE


Good morning, friends.
Hope you are all having a great week!

If you all remember, over the Summer I spent a couple of days fixing up our coat closet, took it all apart, added shelving and a few things I had around the house and created a much more organized space for my family's daily use. You can find that post here.




It went from looking like this (very embarrassing)

To this. Much better!



This is one of the best updates I could of ever done.
I am happy to say it has stayed this clean and organized all these months.
I wish I would of done it sooner! :)

And because now we have full use of that little space, I have been able to add a couple more things 
to keep our lives more organized.
I bought this pretty basket/hamper at Ross and used it to store our little dog's toys. 
No more piles of toys all around the house. :)



I even put her name on the basket. :)




On the opposite wall under the rope mirror, I added a little hook from Hobby Lobby and it is now 
the perfect place to hang my purse. 




Even my idea of putting a little glass bowl in there to drop off the change in their pockets at the end of the day 
is working. I call it my "tip bowl". :)
And look, somebody even left me a bill in there.
It better be at least a "twenty"!!! LOL


I will be back soon with a couple of small projects I am working on right now.
Meanwhile, enjoy your day.
Take care!





17 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a great little space. It's perfect because it's deep enough. I wish my close was deep I would do the same thing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! That was a good idea to slat the coat rack instead of going straight across!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This closet looks amazing and wow, it really is organized. Ok, I need a tip bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The update looks great. I really like the basket for fur baby toy's. I need to copy your idea for our Ruby's toys, she have them all over the downstairs..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a smart and organized closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I need you to come to my house!:-) The closet looks amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria...you have some very clever ideas here. It looks great and I know it's very functional. I did a small fix on ours last year, it turned out to be one of the smartest things I've ever done! And that makes us happy! :)


    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've organized this space! It's not only pretty, but functional too! Good to see you're getting some tips as well! Lol! Good thing your umbrellas are so handy...I hear we're both going to need them this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have really made the most out of a somewhat awkward little space, and it looks much larger than it did originally. I'd say that better be at least a $20 in your tip jar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this project when you did it and am so glad it's working for your family! Being able to maintain it proves you had a great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this . especially the purse hook. I never know where to set mine down. Usually just plop it on the kitchen counter . Must get a hook for my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this post, I loved what you did with that small space! Glad it is working out well for you and it still looks great. Love the little touches as well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so organized! Cute space- I like the little extras you've incorporated in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You did an amazing job with the closet! It looks so good and so organized! I love all the little details too Maria Elena! Especially that rope mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on a large closet..not small! Most homes do not have a deep closet that you can walk into for coats. We have to keep our umbrellas in the car or we forget them when needed, but your ideas are so neat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...