Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cooking with Paula Deen


Well, not quite!
Wouldn't that be nice! LOL

Before I go any further, I want to say that this post is not an advertisement.
I did not get pay to review this cookware.
My blog is just too small for any company out there to even notice! LOL

Ok, so I am one of those women that keep their cookware for years. 
What can I say? 
I cook for my family a homemade meal every day, but I sure do not get 
excited about pots and pans! 

The old set I had was in big need of being replaced,
so I finally had to break down and buy a new one. Painful!
 Have you seen the prices of cookware lately?
Let me tell you, I was a little shocked! LOL

I have been looking around for a while waiting for a good sale and
also, trying to decide which kind or brand to get.
 I wanted to make sure it was a good, durable set, since
I will probably keep them for the next 20 years. :)

Just last week, our local Military Exchange had some sales and I found
this Paula Deen cookware set that I really liked.



It was priced $119.00 which I thought it was great since I had just seen them
a couple of months back for $180.00 and up.
So, I decided to give it a try!


By the time I made up my mind and I made it back to the store, 
there was only one set left so I guess it was supposed to be mine. 

But the best part was when I got to the cash register.
The real sales price was $89.99!
And, since we do not pay sales taxes at the Exchange, that was my final cost!  
That just made my day!



 What I liked most about this set is the mix of stainless steel
and copper on the bottoms, lids and even a little copper on the handles.
I also like the fact that the lids are glass so you can see your food while is cooking.








Even the utensils are of really nice quality


And I think they are going to look really nice hanging on my pot rack.
Still trying to get that done.


And finally today, I took my new pots for a "test drive"
I have to say the food cooked really nicely!

On the menu, beef and mushrooms, white rice with a
 little butter, salt and pepper, fresh broccoli 
and rolls.








I hope you guys are having a good week.
I am in the middle of a painting, sanding, glazing project that I
will be sharing soon if I don't mess it up! LOL
WOW! I am tired! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!






8 comments:

  1. OMG! You're going to love those! My girls gave me the red ones for Christmas; and they are my faves!! You got a REALLY good price!!! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these exact ones and absolutely love them! I know you will too. I ordered an extra large and deep skillet that matches from Amazon.com too. I have had them for 4 plus years and they look brand new

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound just like me. My old cookware was in such bad shape that The Man insisted on taking me shopping for some new pots & pans this past Spring. I was torn between Paula's line and Bobby Flay, but went with Bobby's because I loved the shape & I could get it in red. I haven't been a bit sorry. I, too, really like the glass lids, & the fact that I can put them in the oven if I need to. Having new cookware made me feel like such a gourmet cook......lol! Even our "Chef" son approved, & he's used to the super-high end stuff! You definitely got a truly great deal on that price!

    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. MyHero bought me a really good set of cookware about 15 years ago and I love it as much today as I did then. I love the idea of the glass lids, though-wish I had them on this set. I hope the set holds up well. I love the copper bottoms, too! Can't wait to see you're working on- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great set of cookware! And I love the clear lids! That would come in handy while cooking! Your meal looks pretty good too! :)

    I browsed on down to your previous post, too! Your porch pillows and bench is so pretty and welcoming!

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving the kind comment! Going to sign on to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maria Elena! I can relate so much to this post! I have the same pots I had 15 years ago!! They're in desparate need of change! The thing is, like you, pots or cooking is something not to exciting to me! Your new set is great! I like the clear lids and copper bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria Elena! OH, congratulations on your new pots and pans! I good with Paula every day too! :)
    My husband bought me the red set of her pots and pans last year and I just love them. They still look good too after a year's worth of cooking. Now your dinner looks scrumptious! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a deal! Let me know how they cook! I just bought a set of Cuisinart and everything sticks! And I did not get that good of a deal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...